Graphics cards

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Does anyone know what is considered the "best" or top rated grafx card on the PC market right now, and do you think it see the light of day on the Mac platform?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Off the top of my head,

2 7950GX2s in SLI should to the trick.

EDIT: As for a single card, then I still think the 7950GX2 is the most powerful currently.

However, the 8000 series should be coming soon...
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 132GHz,4TB DDR8 SDRAM,95TB HDD

Off the top of my head,

2 7950GX2s in SLI should to the trick.

EDIT: As for a single card, then I still think the 7950GX2 is the most powerful currently.

However, the 8000 series should be coming soon...

Do you think Apple will adopt that configuration? I think they should, given that Macs tend to be used in heavy grafx related uses.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Yeah that WOULD be cool.

But since Macs still can't do games.. \
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Macs dont do games ?! What !? Are we both on the same planet !¿

Bootcamp anyone ? 8)

Oh, and its actually rather likely that Apple will unviel a very good graphics card for the Mac Pro tommorow (Literally).

Maybe even a 7950GX2

Look at it this way Hypoluxa...if we dont see a new graphics card on the Mac Pro that makes all the other GPUs look crap before Christmas, then...Ill eat my hat !
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 132GHz,4TB DDR8 SDRAM,95TB HDD

Macs dont do games ?! What !? Are we both on the same planet !¿

Bootcamp anyone ? 8)

Oh, and its actually rather likely that Apple will unviel a very good graphics card for the Mac Pro tommorow (Literally).

Maybe even a 7950GX2

Look at it this way Hypoluxa...if we dont see a new graphics card on the Mac Pro that makes all the other GPUs look crap before Christmas, then...Ill eat my hat !

Well I hope Apple will we keep on top of the grafx card development and make sure that drivers are produced for each of the new ones made by Nvidia and ATI to run on a mac.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Keep note of the fact that almost any PCI-E GPU will work on a intel Mac.

Its OSX that wont work with the GPU.

So in Windows mode, everything should work well.