My prediction

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The overall theme of tomorrow's event is 'Showtime'. We pretty much know that this means there is an iTunes Movie service, perhaps 'iMovie' or iFilms' or 'iFlicks'?

There has been much hype and speculation with the surrounding hardware, and it's interesting to me that they would announce the 24'' iMac only 1 week prior to the 'Showtime' announcement. It may only mean that something is bigger in the works:

42" display - Seems likely.. no reason to think they shouldn't have one... even if it's nothing more than a display. Plus, since they just lowered the prices on the cinema displays, that just sounds like an indication that they will be rolling a new line anyway. If not 42".. then just a revamped line of cinema displays with isight

Cube? - So many arguments for and against this.. the Only reason I think this is a possibility is simply for purposes of home theater. mac mini solutions for the living room all come up short. I believe Apple can make it right. My wish is for connectivity through cable box (HDMI in?) plus HDMI out. Maybe Blu-Ray DVD? Connect with TV and Hi-Fi and you have pretty awesome set up. $1299 - $1999 for the Cube, $349 for the Hi-Fi, $200 for HDMI cables and you've just replaced your Receiver, CD Player, DVD Player and 5.1 System.

Wireless HDMI streaming to TV?

iPhone.. While this is the one product I've waiting for... I'm glad to hear that it is in production and we'll hear about it soon, but I don't think it will be tomorrow.

I'm excited for tomorrow, but ready for so much disappointment..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    >_>>_> Posts: 336member
    Quicktime Movie Store, perhaps? :P

Figure since iTunes is for listening to Music, and Quicktime is for watching movies.

Sounds kind of silly "iTunes Movie Store". Then again... iTunes does benefit from the popularity.

- Xidius
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I'm dying for an iPhone too. No other Apple product has been more eagerly anticipated by me. I hope tomorrow, but doubt it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rmamalian

42" display - Seems likely.. no reason to think they shouldn't have one... even if it's nothing more than a display. Plus, since they just lowered the prices on the cinema displays, that just sounds like an indication that they will be rolling a new line anyway. If not 42".. then just a revamped line of cinema displays with isight

If 42", would it bring increased resolution too, compared to the 30". If it does, it will absolutely kill the dual-link DVI connector. Perhaps two for each screen.