Windows on Mac Pro

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I'm trying to use Bootcamp with my new Mac Pro. I follow all the steps bootcamp shows (partitioning, burning the mac drivers disk), and then I press the "Start Installation" button with my windows xp pro cd in the drive, my system restarts, and the screen goes black... but it just stays black. It kept going black even after I took the CD out, until I held the option key to select the Macintosh HD. Any ideas?

edit: im using an xp pro corporate xp2 cd

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mordak

I'm trying to use Bootcamp with my new Mac Pro. I follow all the steps bootcamp shows (partitioning, burning the mac drivers disk), and then I press the "Start Installation" button with my windows xp pro cd in the drive, my system restarts, and the screen goes black... but it just stays black. It kept going black even after I took the CD out, until I held the option key to select the Macintosh HD. Any ideas?

edit: im using an xp pro corporate xp2 cd

Latest version of Bootcamp is 1.1.1. I would re-do if you have used older version.

Does the CD boot on another system? If you can make another, try that, at a slower burn speed of 4x or 8x.

Mac Pro bootcamp reliability isn't really there, I would think about waiting until they fix the SATA drive speed issues.

Good luck.

Steve