Back to School Promotion & NEW Nano Loophole?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Just called to figure how the NEW Nano will fit in with the rebate if buying any MAC - and as the promotion is live till October 6th - you can still get money back on the NEW one (as long as you don't get the 8Gb)! They will honor up to 4Gb though...

For USA Customers:

1. Buy a Mac.

Buy a new MacBook, MacBook Pro, or Mac Pro.

2. Add an iPod.

Purchase a qualifying iPod with your qualifying Mac and get up to $179 back after mail-in rebate.*

3. Submit your rebate.

After you receive your products, start your rebate online for fastest processing. Or download and mail the rebate form.

Notice it just says qualifying iPod - there is no differetiating the NEW or OLD Nano... So you get $$$ BACK off a NEW one!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmhtkmhtkmht

Just called to figure how the NEW Nano will fit in with the rebate if buying any MAC - and as the promotion is live till October 6th - you can still get money back on the NEW one (as long as you don't get the 8Gb)! They will honor up to 4Gb though...

For USA Customers:

1. Buy a Mac.

Buy a new MacBook, MacBook Pro, or Mac Pro.

2. Add an iPod.

Purchase a qualifying iPod with your qualifying Mac and get up to $179 back after mail-in rebate.*

3. Submit your rebate.

After you receive your products, start your rebate online for fastest processing. Or download and mail the rebate form.

Notice it just says qualifying iPod - there is no differetiating the NEW or OLD Nano... So you get $$$ BACK off a NEW one!

We're in the UK and I was reading the small print because I thought about this to. How about the new video ipod but 30gb. The sales guy started pointing me towards this. Perhaps that was why?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    I've thought about this matter and they will have to honor it - you might have to argue a bit but the terms and conditons are pretty clear - they can't differentiate discriminate between new and old.

I think I might drop an order in for a 24" iMac, Pink Nano and the Free 60 Quid Printer.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    good luck buddy, neither qualify for the rebate...

straight from the rebate coupon:

• Reply 4 of 6
    Not according to the UK promotion!

http://www.apple.com/uk/backtoschool/faq.html
  • Reply 5 of 6
    well I guess the U.K promotion is different than the US promotion
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Our coupon definately doesn't have all the specs out.

What's the returns policy on things? Does anyone know how long it takes to get the rebate??

J