Buggy iTunes 7 on Windoze

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hey Guys,

I'm experiencying many a bug with the new iT7 on my windows box, I experience much lagginess, (not my computer, very high spec), also, sound goes crackly and jumpy and you can't listen. Requires restart.

Also, the album art 'finder' isn't very reliable, as it it returned only about 10 covers, when I had over 250 that it was trying to find...!

Anyone else having some of these bugs, or others?

Charlie -

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chazzer3

Hey Guys,

I'm experiencying many a bug with the new iT7 on my windows box, I experience much lagginess, (not my computer, very high spec), also, sound goes crackly and jumpy and you can't listen. Requires restart.

Also, the album art 'finder' isn't very reliable, as it it returned only about 10 covers, when I had over 250 that it was trying to find...!

Anyone else having some of these bugs, or others?

Charlie -

Hi Charlie,

Firstly, have you tried going to Quit all Quicktime/iTunes apps; then go Quicktime Control Panel > Audio > Safe Mode. If this fixes playback problem, you have a Direct Sound conflict between QuickTime and your sound card driver (do you use programs like Total Recorder?).

Please note my messages in this thread. Like yourself, I have this issue with artwork and a couple of other greivances I have noted.

Good luck!
  • Reply 2 of 4
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    I have an issue with album art too. It only got about 10 covers out of a possible few hundred!

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Coverflow broken on my Windozes Itunes 7.0.0.70 (image below)

Works well on iBook G4 933mhz OS10.3.9

• Reply 4 of 4
    Gapless playback is awesome though for DJ Mixes