editing the icons etc in my 5g iPod

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've been scouring google all night for a solution to change the icons etc to my 5g iPod. I don't have windows or VPC so I can't dl the iPodWizard that I keep seeing... what else can I use? Any ideas? There has to be a solution out there...

Asaph

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    bump

no one knows anythign about this?
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Click on your iPod's icon (the one on your desktop).  + i >> click on the little ipod icon in the top of this window, and paste in a new icon
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Oops, I should have been more specific. What I intended to ask was not how to change the desktop icon, but rather the onboard iPod icons... do not disconnect, battery life, start up etc... Also the fonts. Clear as mud?

Asaph
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Asaph

Oops, I should have been more specific. What I intended to ask was not how to change the desktop icon, but rather the onboard iPod icons... do not disconnect, battery life, start up etc... Also the fonts. Clear as mud?

Asaph

Hey Asaph, I'm not sure any of this is really possible unless you extensively edit the iPod firmware; this would be difficult to do, to say the least. I suppose it would be easier to do with an open source iPod OS such as podzilla... anyone know about this?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Found this:

http://www.engadget.com/2004/12/08/h...-the-graphics/

Hope it helps.

...Though you have to be running windows to do it...
  • Reply 6 of 6
    yeah... I wonder if I can do it on windows while keeping it attatched to my mac?