2nd Gen Nano only takes 45 minutes to fully charge on the 1st charge. Is this right?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Just got my son a new nano for his birthday and connected it to the computer. It only took 45 minutes to charge it. Is this right? I thought it takes around 12 hours for the first time.

Thanks to all who answer.

Mark

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    I think they arrive fully charged, so there wasn't a whole lot of charging to be done.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theapplegenius

I think they arrive fully charged, so there wasn't a whole lot of charging to be done.

not quite they are about +50% charged when they arrive. At least my (precious!) one was!

40%-50% is apparently the best charge to leave on at to minimise long term degradation.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sc_marktsc_markt Posts: 1,402member
    Thanks both of you.

I really like this Nano much better than the 1st one. I like the aluminum case better than the plastic. Seems much more durable. I plan on getting the 8MB black Nano.

- Mark
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sc_markt

Thanks both of you.

I really like this Nano much better than the 1st one. I like the aluminum case better than the plastic. Seems much more durable. I plan on getting the 8MB black Nano.

- Mark

...8GB... not that it matters...
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Yeah...mine charged in like 15 minutes. I even called Apple and asked what the heck happened.

Still running on my first charge since I got it last thursday! Battery is only halfway spent.