1200 x 1200 DPI Mono Laser for OS X

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I am looking for the the best 1200X1200DPI Mono Laser I can get for my Apple - what suggestions do you guys have?

Finding a suitable printer has been a 2 month process and I'm stuck between just a personal laser printer to a full blown AIO HP one for $1,000... All I do is print letters and documents, myself, so what suggestions do you guys have?

Is 1200x1200DPi as far as mono lasers go?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    I have a 2 year old Lexmark inkjet that only gets used when i need to print something with color.

My main printer is a Samsung Laser (25xx model?) that cost me less than $100. Toner is $70 per refill, but seems to last ME forever. It prints WAY crisper text than the inkjet (though what woul dyou expect from Lexmark ) and for printing multi-page projects it's way faster than ANY inkjet !

The Samsung might only be 1200x600 though... doesn't meet your specifications if that's the case.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I went with the HP 3390 which is an AIO for $650. I got it to replace an old AIO but it also seems to fit your requirements for the printer. Having copying and scanning on the same footprint is a big plus.

reg
  • Reply 3 of 4
    The 3390 was my first choice since it came out a number of months ago but many of the reviews scare me... how would you find the printer to perform?

I heard it can't be configured at all via Ethernet...

If I was going for that, I'd go for the 3392 cause of the Stapler!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    regreg Posts: 832member
    We do all the configuring for individual needs wirelessly most of the time since we use our laptops more than the desktop units. The 3390 is connected to a switch which has 4 desktop units, the 3390, a HP 4050n laserjet printer, a linksys wireless router and an extreme base station. All the units can do configurations. Printing is good, fast and crisp. I just wish the scanner was bigger, it is 8.5 x 11. The HP Director software is also easy to install and use. All in all I am very pleased with it. I have had it for less than a month and no problems with just under 1200 sheets being printed.

reg