Where to find built-to-order iMacs (besides Apple)

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Does anyone know if I can get a built-to-order ("BTO") iMac from any online store other than Apple itself? I'm trying to save the $250 in taxes. Would like to get the 24" iMac with the 7600gt video card and 2.33 GHz processor, but that combo doesn't appear to be available anywhere (except Apple).

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by phoeniciansailor

Does anyone know if I can get a built-to-order ("BTO") iMac from any online store other than Apple itself? I'm trying to save the $250 in taxes. Would like to get the 24" iMac with the 7600gt video card and 2.33 GHz processor, but that combo doesn't appear to be available anywhere (except Apple).

Thanks.

I ordered from MacWarehouse a long time ago (Performa days) before they merged with CDW. Also try MacMall if you're not in California. They have their own special BTO machines. G/L
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kenya

I ordered from MacWarehouse a long time ago (Performa days) before they merged with CDW. Also try MacMall if you're not in California. They have their own special BTO machines. G/L

Looks like CDW/MacWarehouse doesn't do built-to-order anymore. Got an email from them this morning shooting down that idea. Well shoot. Haven't heard bck from MacMall yet.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Try Smalldog, they don't do custom orders but they have many ready made custom Imacs

http://www.smalldog.com/category/x/x...onfigurations/
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I take that back, they will do custom orders

$500 minimum non-refundable deposit on all Build to Order Machines

Typical delivery takes 7-10 business days

Other configurations available upon request - call Small Dog at 802-496-7171 or send an eMail with your specifications.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stageron

I take that back, they will do custom orders

$500 minimum non-refundable deposit on all Build to Order Machines

Typical delivery takes 7-10 business days

Other configurations available upon request - call Small Dog at 802-496-7171 or send an eMail with your specifications.

Great, thank you, that sounds promising. I've sent them an email with the specs I'm looking at, let's see what they write back. Even without the rebates from other sites ($150 off), saving on taxes ($225) would still be nice.