McDonalds Commercial Copies Apple's

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I was recently watching Tv and saw an Mcds commercial where its a plain white screen and a Mcd's cup of coffee and a coffeeshop's cup of coffee are talking to eachother and the Mcd's coffee makes the other look like an idiot (just like Apple commercials). Has anyone else seen this commercial?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    Nope but I can see it now (in my head)...

McDonalds: Hello I'm a (big) Mac.

Burger King: And I'm a whopper...

**Note: must watch this commercial!
  • Reply 2 of 14
    Links are more than welcome if you find one...
  • Reply 3 of 14
    i've been looking but havent been able to find one. I just saw the commercial once on tv
  • Reply 4 of 14
    http://adweek.blogs.com/adfreak/2006...lds_comme.html

They're not particularly funny :/

Or anything like the Get a Mac ads.
  • Reply 5 of 14
    No wonder those desperados at MacDonalds are copying the Get A Mac ads-

Theyre brilliant !
  • Reply 6 of 14
    First Nike and Disney, could McDonalds be next? Maybe these ads are a way of preparing america for a Mac/Donalds collaboration. Maybe an iPod accessories happy meal for yuppies or a top-of-the-line Macbook that costs 200 bucks extra for and extra 20 Gig plus a case in "Golden Arches Yellow"...
  • Reply 7 of 14
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Wow, these are boring.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Where the Mac ads probably pique people's curiosity about their computers, I imagine most people are going to scoff at McDonalds (of all companies) trying to say their coffee is better than Starbucks.

Where the Mac ads will illicit a response of, "Yeah, my PC does do that," I think viewers will respond to the McDonalds ad with, "But I like my fancy Starbucks coffee. Screw you, McDonalds."
  • Reply 9 of 14
    Aw, the McCafe (at least that's what it's called in Austraylieer) coffee/ hot chocolate is not that bad... No need for StarBucks unless your fu&ing addicted to StarBucks like most of you b%tches..!
  • Reply 10 of 14
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Well, the "Fillet o' Fish" one certainly made we want to stab pencils into my ears, so, um, score one for McDonalds?
  • Reply 11 of 14
    The Get a Mac ads are definitely better than those.
  • Reply 12 of 14
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    I feel like I'm watching some kind of profound performance art.
  • Reply 13 of 14
    That was the most boring thing I've ever heard!
  • Reply 14 of 14
    loves it. they're teh brilliant. *starts clapping*