Explain Blackberry to me...

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I'm in the market for a new phone, and expect to get the Sony Ericsson M600i, which comes with BlackBerry connect. My other choice would be an SE K800i, which doesn't have the Blackberry feature, but has the same 320x240 resolution screen in a smaller (though uglier) package, plus a 3.1 Megapixel camera with Flash...

I don't really *need* the camera, as I'll always carry my digital camera with me anyway... but it might come in handy sometimes.

So... What's the advantage of using blackberry over other email and web solutions available for other phones? Is it really THAT much more useful to offset the price of a pretty decent camera (the two phones are roughly the same price)?

And the M600i is just soooo Maclike. I love the look of it.

Notice the K800i comes in Zune Brown...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    I do not understand: the Blackberry is a phone by itself. Why would you need another phone to be able to connec to a Blackberry? Why not just use the Blackberry alone?

Cheers
  • Reply 2 of 7
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Ah, now I understand. Thanks for clarifying, Tonton!

Cheers
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton

So... What's the advantage of using blackberry over other email and web solutions available for other phones? Is it really THAT much more useful to offset the price of a pretty decent camera (the two phones are roughly the same price)

Is there one? Most folks I know in the states who have blackberries get them not for the service, but for the phone or the generally attractive pricing. The Treos that Verizon sells are much more full featured and offer email service as well.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel

Is there one? Most folks I know in the states who have blackberries get them not for the service, but for the phone or the generally attractive pricing. The Treos that Verizon sells are much more full featured and offer email service as well.

Treos are junk! I have had every model and finally gave up when I went through 5 700ws. One of my co-workers went through 7. Blackberrys strength is email.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lsngctrl

Treos are junk! I have had every model and finally gave up when I went through 5 700ws. One of my co-workers went through 7. Blackberrys strength is email.

Ditto.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Note to self: Sell stock in Research in Motion.

Seems this bubble is about to burst.