10.2 & Cisco VPN...

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Ive read the the cisco VPN client doesn't work in Jag. Is there any news on this?

The President of my company uses a Mac (despite the IS staff) and I know he has ordered Jag. Does anyone know why it doesn't work and when a fix might be available?

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Keda ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    Considering 10.2 (Jaguar) hasn't been released to the public yet, how much news do you expect to get?

If it's an issue after general release, I'm sure they'll patch it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    My post was directed at the people on this forum, not Cisco. Half the people here are running Jag. So, I expect do get some helpful responses.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    pyr3pyr3 Posts: 946member
    [quote]Originally posted by Keda:

<strong>Ive read the the cisco VPN client doesn't work in Jag. Is there any news on this?

The President of my company uses a Mac (despite the IS staff) and I know he has ordered Jag. Does anyone know why it doesn't work and when a fix might be available?

[ 08-09-2002: Message edited by: Keda ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Do you *need* him to use the Cisco VPN client? I thought that OS X.2 was supposed to have VPN built-in. Or is it not compatible?
  • Reply 4 of 5
    kedakeda Posts: 722member
    Yes, he needs Cisco. We have a 3000 concentrator.

He has a HW VPN device(?) which allows him to connect in OS9, but the IS dept throws this in Mac users face all the time. We have just begun to get some support since there is finally a client for the Mac. Im just trying to get ahead of some bumps in the road.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jlljll Posts: 2,713member
    [quote]Originally posted by Keda:

<strong>Ive read the the cisco VPN client doesn't work in Jag. Is there any news on this?

The President of my company uses a Mac (despite the IS staff) and I know he has ordered Jag. Does anyone know why it doesn't work and when a fix might be available?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cisco released v3.6 of their client two days ago and it should work in 10.2.