Diablo II on OS X

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Lately, I've been considering, after holding out for a long time, to pick up Diablo II to play on my G4/400 (768 MB RAM, with stock Rage128Pro) and iBook 700 14" under OS X.

I have, however, heard somewhat mixed reviews concerning the performance of DII under X, especially on older systems like my G4. So I'd like to ask what your experience has been with Diablo II running in X. Will it be worth my time and money?

Or maybe I should just get Fallout and wait for Macplay's Fallout 2?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    torifiletorifile Posts: 4,024member
    DII seems to run great on my Tibook. A faster system, but not as much ram. And if remember correctly, I had no problems running it on my ibook 500mhz, either. It should be fine, but you may need to install it under classic and then use the OS X patch to actually play it natively.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    D2 works great on my B&W G3 400 with a gig of ram and stock Rage 128 and OS X. ::Shrugs:: Frankly I'm bored of the game after 3 months of play. ::Shrugs again:: Buy at your own risk. I'd start a fresh collection of games starting with Warcraft 3.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Got it installed on my iMac DV 400, and it plays fine. I'd agree with the poster about it getting old pretty quick. You do need to install it under Classic, however, and download the patch.

(tig)