mini-dvi to video adapter doesn't give me any sound

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
IHi,

I just bought a mini-dvi to video adapter in order to watch video that I have on my power book 12" on my HDTV or to listen music. I use a s-video cable to connect the two devices but I don't get any sound from my tv only from the laptop.

I know that the s-video works perfectly and that it's well plug in. Does anybody know why I don't have any sound?

thanks

severine

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by severine26

IHi,

I just bought a mini-dvi to video adapter in order to watch video that I have on my power book 12" on my HDTV or to listen music. I use a s-video cable to connect the two devices but I don't get any sound from my tv only from the laptop.

I know that the s-video works perfectly and that it's well plug in. Does anybody know why I don't have any sound?

thanks

severine

Now plug your tv audio into your MB headphone jack. S-video is just for video. It has no audio. (In case you really don't know, the tv audio connectors are those red and white RCA connectors.)
  • Reply 2 of 2
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    I don't know if it's even possible to have sound over DVI. HDMI can do it but that's not an option on any current Mac. As arasee said, you need to use the line out or headphone jack.