Apple offers Pro Applications, Final Cut updates

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Apple Computer on Tuesday afternoon released a software update for its Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 video editing software and also posted a second update that targets the underlying frameworks and components of many of its other professional software applications.

Pro Applications Update 2006-02 (Universal)

Pro Applications Update 2006-02 (7MB) addresses several issues with underlying frameworks and shared components for Apple?s professional applications. It's strongly recommended for all users of Final Cut Studio 5.1, Final Cut Pro 5.1, Motion 2.1, Soundtrack Pro 1.1, DVD Studio Pro 4.1, LiveType 2.1, Compressor 2.1, Apple Qmaster 2.1 and Final Cut Express HD 3.5

Final Cut Pro 5.1.2 (Universal)

Final Cut Pro Update 5.1.2 (28MB) provides important bug fixes and compatibility updates for certain Canon, Sony, JVC and Panasonic devices. The update is recommended for all Final Cut Pro 5.1 and Final Cut Pro 5.1.1 customers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    I didn't upgrade to the Universal versions yet, though I have my $199 discount sheet from Apple waiting.

It's good to see they are moving forward with updates though at a quick rate.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Also, Apple released Cinema Tools Update, v. 3.1.2, a 12.0 MB solution addressing inter-application compatibility and fixing some potential issues with reverse telecine when using files larger than 9 GB.

For more detailed information, please visit: http://www.apple.com/support/lbn/?pr...3.0&language=z
  • Reply 3 of 5
    sennensennen Posts: 1,472member
    dvdsp 4.1.0 has been pulled, apparently.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Is the update just FCP, or any of the other Final Cut apps updated? I've been waiting over a year for a Soundtrack Pro update.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Finally FCP supports 24p HDV capture from the JVC GY-HD100U. It only took well over a year... although I shouldn't really complain about something that stops me using Lumiere HD.