Entourage problem

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have Entourage (from Microsoft Office 2004 full version) installed on a 12'' Powerbook (Tiger OS) at my workplace.

It has a big problem.

All the emails that are received by the person are placed NOT in Inbox, but in one of her folders that she created for one of her contacts (that folder has an attached rule, but the rule is ok, I checked it, I have 70 folders with rules settings and I have no problem). So, absolutely all the emails are directed and stored by Entourage in that folder instead of Inbox.

I have erased everything that I could find with "entourage" in body text from "Library>Preferences" and "Library>Preferences>Microsoft", but I haven't achieved anything.

Also I have tried to delete the "Rules" file from "Documents>Microsoft User Data>Office 2004 Identities" and still nothing.

What can I do to correct this?

Thank you

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Entourage! Why? Why?! Why?!! Why?!!!

Sorry, my experience with Entourage is that there is only one fix when one of its rules goes rogue. That is to delete the affected account settings within the app. Create new account settings without the rule gone bad.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Artanis

I have Entourage (from Microsoft Office 2004 full version) installed on a 12'' Powerbook (Tiger OS) at my workplace.

It has a big problem.

All the emails that are received by the person are placed NOT in Inbox, but in one of her folders that she created for one of her contacts (that folder has an attached rule, but the rule is ok, I checked it, I have 70 folders with rules settings and I have no problem). So, absolutely all the emails are directed and stored by Entourage in that folder instead of Inbox.

I have erased everything that I could find with "entourage" in body text from "Library>Preferences" and "Library>Preferences>Microsoft", but I haven't achieved anything.

Also I have tried to delete the "Rules" file from "Documents>Microsoft User Data>Office 2004 Identities" and still nothing.

What can I do to correct this?

Thank you

Have you turned off that rule and checked to see if it is, in fact, the problem? Could you transcribe what that rule is? Did the rule work properly before and then go bad? Or has it never worked?

It *sounds* like somehow that rule is saying to route all email addressed TO someone (as opposed to FROM someome) to that one folder.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    It seems that I've stated the problem wrong, sorry for that. Today I got my feedback from my coleague as she returned from her trip.......

The thing is that the folder doesn't have a rule attached to it.

It is just a simple folder used to manualy place emails inside of it.

However, the error remains. Today I've deleted the folder hopping that the error will dissapear. And now my result is catastrofic, Entourage receives the email but doesn't place them in any folder anymore.

So, what do you guys suggest? If I try that delete account thing, do you think that the error will dissapear?(beside the delete account thing, do I have to "kill" some libraries too?)

10x
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Artanis

It seems that I've stated the problem wrong, sorry for that. Today I got my feedback from my coleague as she returned from her trip.......

The thing is that the folder doesn't have a rule attached to it.

It is just a simple folder used to manualy place emails inside of it.

However, the error remains. Today I've deleted the folder hopping that the error will dissapear. And now my result is catastrofic, Entourage receives the email but doesn't place them in any folder anymore.

So, what do you guys suggest? If I try that delete account thing, do you think that the error will dissapear?(beside the delete account thing, do I have to "kill" some libraries too?)

10x

OK.

1) Is this an IMAP or a POP3 account?

2) Have you checked the rules to make SURE there are no rules in there?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter

OK.

1) Is this an IMAP or a POP3 account?

2) Have you checked the rules to make SURE there are no rules in there?

It is a POP3 and I have deleted all the rules (but there weren't rules attached to that folder). I wonder where it places those emails, because it shows that receives them and doesn't place them in any folder anymore (because I've deleted that folder)?