MacBook reboot question

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I just got my MacBook on Monday and I absolutely love this laptop, its fast, does not get too hot and it runs Windows XP Pro in parallel amazing well, even though I know I need to get more ram and a bigger hard drive.

Now I did one really stupid thing yesterday, I install bootcamp and in my brilliance I install Windows Vista, now I should have done research but it made my computer run like CRAP and it got HOT! So I shut the computer down and got back into OS X and deleted that partition and added it back to the main partition. However now since I have done that, every time I reboot my MacBook or shut it down I have to hold option-apple key-p-r to resest the pram or nvram (I forgot which it is), only doing it once and then the laptop works fine. If I don't do that it just get a gray screen that does not do anything.

Well this does bother me a little considering I just spent 1350 on this laptop, I am don't care because if the computer is up and running, it runs like a freaking champ. I have already left the computer on for 48 hours (shut the lid while I was asleep) and the second I open the lid, the computer works great.

If anyone knows how to fix this minor glitch I would highly appreciate it, even if it mean reinstalling the OS, thats fine, just let me know. I already have all my data backed up so that would not be a problem.

Thanks

-iGrant

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    PRam stores the startup volume settings so maybe all you need to do is to go into system prefs > startup disk and select your OS X partition. Other than that, PRam only stores the following:

Display and video settings such as refresh rate, screen resolution, number of colors

Time zone setting

Startup volume choice

Speaker volume

Recent kernel panic information, if any

DVD region setting