good basic photo editor

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
the one feature i use that isn't in iPhoto is the ability to resize pictures. for this i keep around an old version of Photoshop, but I'd like to get rid of it and need a good replacement. i'd like it to be shareware too.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    <a href="http://lemkesoft.com/us_gcdownload.html"; target="_blank">GraphicConverter</a>

It only costs $35. Doesn't include all the pro features that Photoshop does, but can do basic resizing.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    If you liked Photoshop you could upgrade to PS Elements 2.0. It's $29 after rebates at Amazon.com.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    if you just need the basics maybe try out a copy of adobe photodeluxe.

it's basicly a cheap copy of photoshop but dumbed down so its easier to use.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    [quote]Originally posted by MCQ:

<strong>Photoshop Elements 2.0 ... [is] $29 after rebates at Amazon.com.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's a pretty sweet deal. The $40 mail-in rebate from Amazon is easy to get. But the $30 rebate requires you to own a competing product. If you don't own a competing product but are a student, getting the academic price from an edu mail-order like <a href="http://www.academicsuperstore.com"; target="_blank">Academic Superstore</a> for $50 may be cheaper. Don't forget to take shipping into consideration when you decide where to buy.

Escher
  • Reply 5 of 6
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    ImageViewer is -to me at least- the best pictureviewer 'with'... you can resize, adjust brightness and contrast, and some other stuff, but the good thing is the slide show ability and its compactness - tried iPhoto once but deleted it after five minutes.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Every time my wife tells me that she wishes she could do x y or z with our photos I find a simple way to do it in Graphic Converter.