defective screen or defective user?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
well the lcd screen in my video ipod got cracked. so i order a replacement screen from hong kong of all places and when i get it i take out the old screen and pop in the new one. doesnt work. at first it showed just white light on the whole thing and i tried again and now it shows no light at all. i did have a lotta trouble putting the lead for the screen back into the circuit board but my friend said leads dont get broken that easily. so idk whats up. any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I'm not much help, but it looks like no one else is going to reply to your question. I suppose my first thought would be to reconnect the cracked screen, see if it actually works (I'm assuming it worked, just didn't display well). If it appears to get the video signal, then it's a safe bet that your new screen is faulty. I strongly suggest sending your iPod to Apple instead of repairing it yourself. I know it's not quite as inexpensive, but if it's at all possible, at least you know it's in the hands of someone more capable than most of us are (those parts are just too small).