MacBook Pro trackpad button problem?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
When I click on the the left side of the track-pad button on my MacBook Pro, the clicking mechanism feels like clicks in two steps instead of one solid click. The right side is fine. The staggered clicking seems reminiscent to the squishy MacBook trackpad button problems.

Will Apple fix a problem like this? Or am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Do you have an apple store near you? You may wanna bring it in to them & see what they think...I don't notice any similar issue with my mbp.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    yak86yak86 Posts: 1member
    just got my brand new santa rosa macbook pro and i seem to be experiencing that "double clicking" problem too. Did you manage to find anything out from the apple store?

I traveling around right now and won't be able to get it in to be fixed.. but please tell me they fix it.. it's been bugging the #@*& out of me.. i've resorted to use only tapping
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LGnome View Post

When I click on the the left side of the track-pad button on my MacBook Pro, the clicking mechanism feels like clicks in two steps instead of one solid click. The right side is fine. The staggered clicking seems reminiscent to the squishy MacBook trackpad button problems.

Will Apple fix a problem like this? Or am I out of luck?

Thanks!

Have you checked the battery? My brother had a faulty battery in his MBP 17" (Rev. A), it was beginning to warp at one side and Apple replaced the battery: problem gone. The symptoms were about the same you describe...
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I'm now getting this problem on my MacBook, which is only about 6 months old. It is infuriating. Doesn't feel right at all. It just affects the right side of the "clicker".