PhotoShop problem

jcgjcg
Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have a new iMac, or rather new to me, it is a 2.0 Ghz 20" Core Duo. When I got it I installed the Adobe CS2 suite, and everything seemed to run fine. Last weekend I went to use PhotoShop and it quits on launching every time. All other Adobe applications seem to work fine. I even tried reinstalling it without success. Is anyone else having problems with this? any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Try deleting your preferences file (in your user folder, inside Library/Preferences, and probably named com.adobe.photoshop or something similar).
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Well, I deleted everything Adobe related and reinstalled. PhotoShop still won't launch. Image Ready will, both InDesign CS and CS2, Illustrator, and Acrobat run fine. PhotoShop runs through the process then quits. I have done the Apple reporting a few times, so Apple has the report. It would be nice if they let replied back to me. Not sure what else to do, like I said it was running not too long ago, now nothing. I guess the next step is to reinstall the Mac OS and see if that does something.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Apple won't get back to you, they don't even have your email

They also get those things in the droves. They probably don't even get read—they just have some kind of matching algorithm that finds similar crashes and sorts them based on how many thousands of people they effect.

I don't know what else to tell you... Photoshop works fine on my MacBook Pro.

You might also want to try just creating a new user before reinstalling, see if that helps.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    jcgjcg Posts: 777member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gregmightdothat

Apple won't get back to you, they don't even have your email

They also get those things in the droves. They probably don't even get read?they just have some kind of matching algorithm that finds similar crashes and sorts them based on how many thousands of people they effect.

I don't know what else to tell you... Photoshop works fine on my MacBook Pro.

You might also want to try just creating a new user before reinstalling, see if that helps.

Well, thank you for your reply...8) (no sarcasm intended)

I did fiind the problem, I had installed new printer and scanner drivers. These drivers are UB, and since Photoshop was quitting when the TWAIN drivers were loaded i took the TWAIN plugin out of Photoshop and now it launches fine.