Odd Software Update Issues

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
My computer promoted me to software update. I checked the programs and clicked the button to continue and it immediartly began to install. I don't ever remember downloading the updates, and usually after I check the programs I want to update it downloads it there and then. But today it just skipped straight to install and "updated" sucessfully. What gives? Is this a bug? How can I check if they are actually updated. In the About iPhoto or w/e it says it is updated to the current version (6.0.5) but I don't know if that is true.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    rob05aurob05au Posts: 348member
    You need to goto system preferences ==> Software Update and check and see if Download Updates in the Background is checked.

If you uncheck it software update will show up asking you do you want to first download the update/s and then install them.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    icfireballicfireball Posts: 2,594member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rob05au

You need to goto system preferences ==> Software Update and check and see if Download Updates in the Background is checked.

If you uncheck it software update will show up asking you do you want to first download the update/s and then install them.

I don't mind them being downloaded in the background perse. I was just confused. Thanks for the info!