Forum login exipry

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
Since we upgraded to these new forums, i frequently have a problem, with logging in, writing a reply and finding I have been automatically logged out by the time i hit the submit button.

I realise that this is divine intervention to stop me posting more of my useless rubbish, and that I should see it as a sign not to reply to certain things, but logically i see it as there being a parameter that is set to a low value that logs me out after a period of inactivity.

Can it be raised to something like 30 mins?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This is strange. I never met this kind of trouble.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    dac0nvudac0nvu Posts: 175member
    Yeah, the timeout seems to be about 10 minutes or so.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarcUK

Since we upgraded to these new forums, i frequently have a problem, with logging in, writing a reply and finding I have been automatically logged out by the time i hit the submit button.

I realise that this is divine intervention to stop me posting more of my useless rubbish, and that I should see it as a sign not to reply to certain things, but logically i see it as there being a parameter that is set to a low value that logs me out after a period of inactivity.

Can it be raised to something like 30 mins?

I've changed the timeout from 15 minutes to 30.

Hopefully that solves your problem. Of course, you could write shorter posts.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    marcukmarcuk Posts: 4,442member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution

I've changed the timeout from 15 minutes to 30.

Hopefully that solves your problem. Of course, you could write shorter posts.

was it really 15 mins already? I never realised it took me so long to formulate such rubbish.