iTunes Radio

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I really like iTunes radio. It has a variety of stations for every genre. This is great for those times that I get bored of my music collection.

Having said that, it seems that Apple hasn't put a lot of work into improving the interface for this part of iTunes. For one thing, it doesn't allow me to mark favourite radio stations that I could then easily browse to. Also, it's not accessible via Front Row.

I'm wondering if this is due to the fact that I'm one of the few people who actually uses it and Apple hasn't gotten a lot of feedback.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    dmberdmber Posts: 204member
    <--- this guy loves him some groove salad
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JavaCowboy

For one thing, it doesn't allow me to mark favourite radio stations that I could then easily browse to.

You can create a plain old playlist and then drag your preferred radio stations to it so you don't always have to browse through the whole list. I called mine "Radio Presets". Don't bother renaming them, they re-set whenever you play it again.

Sometimes I get bored with my stuff too, even on random. I thought I read somewhere that Apple wasn't really supporting the radio function anymore and doesn't advertise it. That's a shame, I think there's more than a niche amenity there. I'd like to see Apple (or someone else) revise the setup - my fantasy would be to have all the world's radio, online and broadcast streams, organized and ready to go.