6G iPod Video coming in Dec??

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Otherwise trusted sourced trustedreviews.com say their sources (a companies CEO from the Made-for-iPod program) have told them unequivocally that the fullscreen touchscreen iPod Video is coming in December. It seems strange for Trusted Reviews to just make this up out of thin air. That and it's still over two months 'till Christmas. I'm thinking given the timing/time frame/sources, that I actually believe this one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Otherwise trusted sourced trustedreviews.com say their sources (a companies CEO from the Made-for-iPod program) have told them unequivocally that the fullscreen touchscreen iPod Video is coming in December. It seems strange for Trusted Reviews to just make this up out of thin air. That and it's still over two months 'till Christmas. I'm thinking given the timing/time frame/sources, that I actually believe this one.

actually it would be 1G video ipod.
  • Reply 2 of 33
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Dec doesn't make much sense when the biggest shopping day is in Nov. People would have like what 2-3 weeks to these if released in Dec, that wouldn't be too smart.
  • Reply 3 of 33
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shady104

actually it would be 1G video ipod.

It's just marketing semantics. They may call it the 6G iPod, you don't know.
  • Reply 4 of 33
    Quote:

It's just marketing semantics. They may call it the 6G iPod, you don't know.

its just an assumption because i doubt it will replace the 5.5G ipod. alot of people could care less about a $400+ ipod made mainly for watching video.
  • Reply 5 of 33
    Quote:

its just an assumption because i doubt it will replace the 5.5G ipod. alot of people could care less about a $400+ ipod made mainly for watching video.

It's couldn't care less, not could care less. If I could care less about George Bush, then I would. If I couldn't, then I must be at the lowest level of caring possible. I must not even care at all - you get me?

p.s. I don't care what they call it, as long as it looks like this:

• Reply 6 of 33
    Quote:

p.s. I don't care what they call it, as long as it looks like this:

nar, i dont like that... they couldnt use that interface on an ipod, your fingers are too big and you would end up doing stuff you dont want to, like skipping through half the film/video just to pause it or sumthin.
  • Reply 7 of 33
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Would people be happy if it had a big screen, was always sideways and had a tiny click wheel at the side?

I would and it'd probably be more cost effective. A lot of people are assuming that a full screen touch screen could be cost effective or even possible. No one makes a similar product. How do we know it's possible to have nothing but a touch screen, have it bright and have it properly understand finger inputs anywhere on it.

I'm not saying it won't be possible, but is it possible now? And with decent battery life?

And then there's the question of durability, because if it needs a case that might kill the touch feature.
  • Reply 8 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ecking

And then there's the question of durability, because if it needs a case that might kill the touch feature.

hmm, i see where you're coming from. if i want to skip a track and my ipod is in my pocket, i just take hold off and press the skip button. if it were a touch screen, if have to take it out ov my pocket, take it out of its case, take off hold, play about with it untill it works, they put it back in my case/pocket. im beginning to think wether it would be useful having the touch screen as well as a small click wheel on the back, as you pointed out. i think that would be the best thing.
  • Reply 9 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

nar, i dont like that... they couldnt use that interface on an ipod, your fingers are too big and you would end up doing stuff you dont want to, like skipping through half the film/video just to pause it or sumthin.

I just meant what it looked like, use your discretion my man.
  • Reply 10 of 33
    sorry, it won't happen. two LCD panels? cost too much.
  • Reply 11 of 33
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by archurban

Where the heck do you see two?
  • Reply 12 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

Where the heck do you see two?

I think he thinks that when you flip it so it is on it's back, it is the full, and the other side is the normal one.
  • Reply 13 of 33
    Quote:

It's has only one display. It this mock up the iPod Video has a black anodized aluminum back. If you select music, this ipod displays the first pic. of the two, a.k.a. iPod like. When you select Video or Movie in this iPod's menu, the on screen clickwheel disappears, and the display changes to look like the second pic.
  • Reply 14 of 33
    Quote:

It's has only one display. It this mock up the iPod Video has a black anodized aluminum back. If you select music, this ipod displays the first pic. of the two, a.k.a. iPod like. When you select Videos in this iPod's menu, the on screen clickwheel disappears, and the display changes to look like the second pic.

• Reply 15 of 33
    Quote:

I just meant what it looked like, use your discretion my man.

ok, will do.
  • Reply 16 of 33
    u know everyone is talkin about the style of the video ipod but i was just thinking about the storage. i was thinking it has to be over 80 so prob 100gb o maybe even 120gb?
  • Reply 17 of 33
    Quote:

u know everyone is talkin about the style of the video ipod but i was just thinking about the storage. i was thinking it has to be over 80 so prob 100gb o maybe even 120gb?

Why? you cant just say something and not back it up. well, you can, but it makes more sence if you explain yourself.
  • Reply 18 of 33
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 1,252member
    I'm still super-curious about how they're going offer feedback from a virtual UI that's as good as the tactile feedback from a scroll-wheel.

Maybe it just won't be as good—it'll just be something of a trade-off. Great video, wireless capabilities, smart UI, and potential ebook reader... and somewhat less tactile feedback. But questions still linger. How do you protect the touch-sensitive screen? How do you operate it from your pocket, or w/o looking at it, by feel?

(Just as an aside, a neat ability with a virtual scrollwheel could be the ability to change its size, just by, say, dragging the divider between screen and wheel.)

A December introduction would be very unusual, but I could see it as slim possibility. They've left a new space in their lineup for a high-end iPod, and if they could get the models ready in time, I'm sure Apple would like nothing more than completely vaporize even the faintest buzz the 1G Zune might be able to summon up.
  • Reply 19 of 33
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mbaynham

Why? you cant just say something and not back it up. well, you can, but it makes more sence if you explain yourself.

well do you really think they would make a true video ipod with less storage then a regular ipod? no why? videos take alot of space. thats why. so that why i said it would prob be 100 or 120 gb. i figured this was common sence thinking but i guess not.
  • Reply 20 of 33
    Quote:

well do you really think they would make a true video ipod with less storage then a regular ipod? no why? videos take alot of space. thats why. so that why i said it would prob be 100 or 120 gb. i figured this was common sence thinking but i guess not.

well on my 30gb ive got 15hrs of videos, 10days worth of music, and 7gb worth of photo's. and ive still got lots of room to spare, as in 10gb worth. thats why.