Looking for a folio...

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Hi all.

I find myself considering a leather folio?basically just a zippered leather pouch that I can throw some stuff in (e.g. a calendar, a moleskine, and a Palm), toss in my messenger bag and pull out when I need to go to a meeting so I don't have to wag around my often very heavy bag.

Ideally, I'd like something like this, but, well, that's entirely too expensive. A little poking around has turned up this, but I'd like something a little more, um, floppy and less organizer-y.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 21
    How about something like this:

http://www.veer.com/products/merchde...age=VPR0002062

Here is some other cool stuff:

http://www.veer.com/products/merch/bags/
  • Reply 2 of 21
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    That's not really what I'm looking for. I need something more bag-like and less "holding/presenting my work"-like. Really, just a leather bag with a zipper on two sides that's big enough to hold some folders, my Palm, and a Moleskine. Thanks, though (I love veer's stuff)
  • Reply 4 of 21
    Actually, my wife found that about an hour after I posted my initial response. This is the style I'm looking for.

This is what I purchased earlier this evening (after getting approval that I wouldn't be screwing up a Christmas present).
  • Reply 5 of 21
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    Glad you found something you like. I just went crazy trying to find new shoes.
  • Reply 6 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trick fall

Glad you found something you like. I just went crazy trying to find new shoes.

Don't even get me started on that! I'm looking for something like brogans and am having a damnable time trying to find some.
  • Reply 7 of 21
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter

moleskine

• Reply 8 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

Um. It's a kind of notebook.
  • Reply 9 of 21
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Don't even get me started on that! I'm looking for something like brogans and am having a damnable time trying to find some.

I'm guessing you need something a little more practical than the type offered by Civil War reenactment suppliers? Who know, maybe they're comfy!

http://www.tlbootsnbrogans.org/broganindex.html
  • Reply 10 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

I'm guessing you need something a little more practical than the type offered by Civil War reenactment suppliers? Who know, maybe they're comfy!

http://www.tlbootsnbrogans.org/broganindex.html

Oooh. And $90. I like it. I have two pairs of these kind of ankle-boots (a 10 year old pair of Docs that I had to special order and a pair of sketchers that the sole is wearing thin on), but they seem to go in and out of style. Basically, I'm looking for something that I can have re-soled if I need to.

Thanks!
  • Reply 11 of 21
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Um. It's a kind of notebook.

I know. It's just become the cliché accessory of indie teenagers and an ongoing joke at SomethingAwful.
  • Reply 12 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Placebo

I know. It's just become the cliché accessory of indie teenagers and an ongoing joke at SomethingAwful.

Ah. I guess their reappearance after a 20+ year absence has made them popular with the writer-types and the hipsters.
  • Reply 13 of 21
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    I thought you were looking for a page number.
  • Reply 14 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dmz

I thought you were looking for a page number.

Is that a Mark Foley joke?
  • Reply 15 of 21
    Quote:

Moleskine
  • Reply 16 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

Moleskine

Now I'm totally confused. Is that a Mark Foley joke?
  • Reply 17 of 21
    Quote:

Now I'm totally confused. Is that a Mark Foley joke?

Maybe. I'm working late lighting a show and I'm a little giddy.
  • Reply 18 of 21
    dmzdmz Posts: 5,775member
    Quote:

...only if you had intentions of boldly italicizing it!
  • Reply 19 of 21
    Wonderbags! No, not what you'd expect to find in a Wonderbra. Wonderbags!

I don't think the Digital Laptop Bag (bad pic) would be too girlie for you midwinter. Sounds like it will do the job and, assuming you own a PB or an MB, you'll score a laptop bag as well. I know I kinda let you down on the whole book snake thing but Wonderbags are just the best, trust me. I am currently the proud owner of 4 (count 'em!) Wonderbags.

At least get Mrs midwinter into them so you can say to people, you should see my wife's Wonderbags.....
  • Reply 20 of 21
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crazychester

Wonderbags! No, not what you'd expect to find in a Wonderbra. Wonderbags!

I don't think the Digital Laptop Bag (bad pic) would be too girlie for you midwinter. Sounds like it will do the job and, assuming you own a PB or an MB, you'll score a laptop bag as well. I know I kinda let you down on the whole book snake thing but Wonderbags are just the best, trust me. I am currently the proud owner of 4 (count 'em!) Wonderbags.

At least get Mrs midwinter into them so you can say to people, you should see my wife's Wonderbags.....

Chester: Those are nice looking bags, but unfortunately, my wife and I are fine on the bag front. I received my envelope portfolio and have been putting it to good use this week?it's exactly what I was looking for.

And no worries about the book snakes. A nice woman in Bath found my blog post about then, contacted me to thank me for finding them, and shipped me 2m of them free of charge. Then a friend of my mother's has a son who lives in London. He sent me 2m. I'm in book snake heaven!