Apple Retail Store Open Box

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Today I called my local Apple Retail Store and they indicated that they have their big "open box special" sale on the last weekend of the month. Turns out that it is this weekend (even though this is technically the first weekend of November rather than the last of October). Does anyone know whether these sales are discounted more than refurbs off of the website? I'm looking get a new computer and am trying to decide between going with a new Dell or purchasing a 17" refurb Imac. The Dell is a little less expensive, and I think if I can get right close to the same price range with an open box one I'll go ahead with an Imac; Otherwise its a Dell for me, I suppose.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    So...you're coming to APPLEINSIDER asking forum members whether to get a dell or a mac? What kind of answer do you think you would get?

I'll give you the simple answer. Get whichever one you can afford.

---thread complete---
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

So...you're coming to APPLEINSIDER asking forum members whether to get a dell or a mac? What kind of answer do you think you would get?

---thread complete---

It's because he knows he wants the iMac
  • Reply 3 of 4
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    open box is hit or miss at the stores, sometimes good stuff, other times just a box 'o crap. i've seen some stuff discounted more than the website and many times they have 'extras' such as more ram or bigger HD for a good price.

try the online apple store refurbs. look for the little red tag link on the bottom right at apple.com in the store, everything is 'free shipping' so get what you really want to get. all have a full warranty and are in perfect shape.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

So...you're coming to APPLEINSIDER asking forum members

whether to get a dell or a mac? What kind of answer do you think you would get?

---thread complete---

I wasn't asking whether I should get a dell or a mac, was asking if you knew whether the Open Box items were cheaper than Refurbs.