Apple confirms Nov. 3 worldwide launch of new iPod shuffle

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Apple Computer's new iPod shuffle, the world's smallest digital music player, will be available in Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers this Friday, November 3, the company confirmed in a press release on Tuesday.

At nearly half the size of the original, the new iPod shuffle is just half a cubic inch in volume, weighs just half an ounce andÂ*features a minimal aluminum design with a built-in clip, making it the most wearable iPod yet.

The player contains one gigabyte of flash memory which holds up to 240 songs and is priced affordably at just $79.

Â?With its ultra-compact design and built-in clip, the new iPod shuffle is the most wearable iPod ever,Â?Â*said Greg Joswiak, AppleÂ?s vice president of Worldwide iPod Product Marketing.Â*Â?The new iPod shuffle completes our all-new lineup of iPods for this holiday season and beyond, and we hope it's going to be a huge hit.Â?

The new iPod shuffle features up to 12 hours of battery life according to Apple's tests and is based onÂ*the company's pioneering shuffle feature which lets music fans serve up a continuous mix of their favorite songs anywhere they go.Â*Users can enjoy their songs in a random order or simply flip a switch to listen to their songs in order, such as when listening to a new album.Â*

The new iPod shuffle can be connected to a Mac or PC with the included dock and iTunesÂ? AutoFill feature will automatically sync the correct number of songs from a users music library.

Tuesday's announcement confirms an exclusive report from AppleInsider published earlier in the week.

Pricing & Availability

The new iPod shuffle will be available beginning this Friday throughÂ*AppleÂ?s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers for $79 (US). Customers can order the iPod shuffle through the Apple Store. iPod shuffle includes earbud headphones and an iPod shuffle dock.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider

“The new iPod shuffle completes our all-new lineup of iPods for this holiday season and beyond, and we hope it's going to be a huge hit.”

"and beyond" i guess that means they'll keep the 5.5 and no vPod for a while, unless its separate to the "line up of iPods"
  • Reply 2 of 7
    crees!crees! Posts: 501member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iconsumer

"and beyond" i guess that means no vPod for a while

Yes, quite an interesting comment. Unfortunately, the answer again is we'll just have to wait and see and pin up rumors with actual product launches to see how right/wrong the rumors were.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by crees!

Yes, quite an interesting comment. Unfortunately, the answer again is we'll just have to wait and see and pin up rumors with actual product launches to see how right/wrong the rumors were.

just a thought (yes which i edited)

it's just what stood out most to me since i'm really looking forward to one
  • Reply 4 of 7
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    how about an iPod Shuffle (PRODUCT) RED on Friday? $89.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau

hey..you never know.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Cool. I can finally get one. Lovin' it.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sandau

Nah, that would be a little small to etch a biohazard symbol into.