How to share bookmarks in Safari/Firefox-Popups

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I got my MBP today and it's sure a big change for Windows, all for the better! Honestly after I started using it I barely even touched my Windows laptop anymore. I'm not sure which web browser I'll use. I used Safari a lot and just tried Firefox. What I like about Firefox is the tabbed browsing and no pop-ups. Maybe I'm missing something in Safari but I haven't used tabbed browsing and most of all ,I'm getting a lot of popups. Is there a way to avoid them?

As well, since I have a desktop in the house as well as a laptop that I will use at home and on the go, is there a way to sync/share Bookmarks? What I mean is that I have the same bookmarks on both machines as well as obviously if I add to one machine it adds to the other. Is there some type of sync function for this? With the Windows machines I actually shared them meaning I stored them on the desktop and when at home the laptop would point to that directory to use the bookmarks. On the go though I had to make a copy of them. I'm not sure if I'll be using Safari or Firefox regularly though.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    In Safari, you press [Apple]-[t] or select File >New Tab for a new tab. Select [Apple]-[k] or select Safari > Block Pop-Up Windows to block popups. Synchronizing Safari bookmarks is a .mac feature. You can also do this via del.icio.us.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    If you use firefox, you can sync your bookmarks really nicely using google browser sync
  • Reply 3 of 3
    As an aside, check out the Adblock Plus Firefox extention, as well as the Filterst.G Extension. You can pretty much kiss all ads goodbye, pop-up or otherwise.