Not receiving update emails...

Posted:
in Feedback edited January 2014
I'm not receiving thread updates to my verizon account. This is rare, but it has happened on other sites (newegg) as well. This happened during the new vbulletin upgrade. All the sudden I quit receiving emails.

I had this happen on StuffSpace.com (i'm the lead dev). I had to do reverse DNS with my server by making IN PTRs. Lots of big evil ISP's ignore the DNS TTL value of Internet operators and just kind of do their own thing, which ultimately does a disservice to all of their subscribers.

If you could check this or fix it, I'd be very happy, and some people may not be getting their emails lost. I basically quit using AI because I wasn't getting email updates any more. I found I had to change my email address to get updates again. I was using my verizon account since 2004, so it had to have been a recent change in hardware or software.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by emig647

I'm not receiving thread updates to my verizon account. This is rare, but it has happened on other sites (newegg) as well. This happened during the new vbulletin upgrade. All the sudden I quit receiving emails.

I had this happen on StuffSpace.com (i'm the lead dev). I had to do reverse DNS with my server by making IN PTRs. Lots of big evil ISP's ignore the DNS TTL value of Internet operators and just kind of do their own thing, which ultimately does a disservice to all of their subscribers.

If you could check this or fix it, I'd be very happy, and some people may not be getting their emails lost. I basically quit using AI because I wasn't getting email updates any more. I found I had to change my email address to get updates again. I was using my verizon account since 2004, so it had to have been a recent change in hardware or software.

Although we updated the forum software some time ago, I've yet to encounter this problem. I just tested the email system against a variety of email addresses from different providers and each one of them came through fine.

I'm at a loss.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    emig647emig647 Posts: 2,455member
    The only email address this has happened to me with is a verizon.net email. If you message me I can give it to you to test.