Stuffit won't expand Windows Media Player

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Everytime i try to expand windowsmedia player 9 for mac it starts up and saids preparing, and thats it, it does not move. When i press stop it starts saying canceling but then thats it and i have to force quit.

Ive tried both bin and hqx versions of the program but the same result they won't expand or get pass "preparing"

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Not sure why you need WMP 9 for Mac. Pretty sure Windows won't be supporting it anymore for Mac. They started offering Flip4Mac. Have you tried Flip4Mac? I have the Flip4Mac plugin that allows the playback of WMV through Quicktime.

It works flawlessly on CNN's videos and other sites using WMVs. Though some webmasters have no clue that people do use other OS's without Direct X. You'll have to see how Flip4Mac will do on sites like these. But I haven't run into any serious issues with it.

Download the free trial. You'll be able to view videos on the locked mode. An upgrade will unlock the other features that allow you to export files and other stuff.

http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Yes it does support mac for windows media player 9, although flip4mac plays wmv, sometimes it does not stream and gives me a bunch of symbols and crap
  • Reply 3 of 4
    I had pixelation and resizing issues myself. If the work is done right with exporting, embedding and optimization it works fine. Honestly, I'd just get rid of it. I'm not a big fan of Windows. I have Office but I hate Windows Media Player on Windows.

How about VLC

Great player too.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    saudsaud Posts: 75member
    i got flip4mac, VLC and WMP 9 .. and i still cant view the downloaded .wmv movies.

although i was able to stream with flip4mac.

is there a way to solve the problem?

i just tried VLC player.. i got an error sign saying that "WMV3" is not supported.

although the file extention is .WMV