Copying DVD audio files to Ipod!

jrkjrk
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have searched but cannot find this particular situation discussed. I have non-copyright 60 year old Old time radio programs on DVD Audio discs. I am talking hundreds. As a newbie I expected them to be displayed in Itunes to be copied in the usual way. I should have known it would be different. I can copy them direct from disc to Itunes and listen, but there appears to be no way to copy them to my Ipod that is obvious to a newbie.

I expect the solution to obvious to everyone else or impossible anyhow!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JRK

I have searched but cannot find this particular situation discussed. I have non-copyright 60 year old Old time radio programs on DVD Audio discs. I am talking hundreds. As a newbie I expected them to be displayed in Itunes to be copied in the usual way. I should have known it would be different. I can copy them direct from disc to Itunes and listen, but there appears to be no way to copy them to my Ipod that is obvious to a newbie.

I expect the solution to obvious to everyone else or impossible anyhow!!

if you dragged the files from the disc to the iTunes interface and they appear in iTunes... then when you plug in your iPod, assuming you have enough space in it, they should just sync. up...

is that not appening?
  • Reply 2 of 4
    jrkjrk Posts: 27member
    ..... I did try that but shortly after I had problems which resulted in having to get COPYPOD to restore files; which worked well incidentally.

Outside chance that that might have been a punishiment for not doing something the right way. I doubt it but did not want to mess up again.

I will follow your suggestion, thank you. I did do some searches but saw nothing to inspire confidence ( at my level).
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Try this one

hope it is useful to u!
  • Reply 4 of 4
    4fx4fx Posts: 258member
    I am not very familiar with DVD Audio, but I believe that they can be either PCM or AC3 audio files (same as the audio for DVD Video)

You should be able to use MPEG Streamclip or FFMPEGX (check versiontracker.com) to reencode them as MP3s or AACs. However, if there are more than 2 channels, you might run into a problem (doubtful for a radio show).