iPod 5.5G VS 5G

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
As the 5.5G iPod isn't yet available in my country, I would like to know is it in any way physically different from the 5G? (I'm referring to 30GB model) Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Deckard.

As the 5.5G iPod isn't yet available in my country, I would like to know is it in any way physically different from the 5G? (I'm referring to 30GB model) Thanks

i think they physically look the same. the difference is that 5.5 has a brighter screen and longer battery life. that's about it.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    And different, better earbuds.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ok, thanks guys
  • Reply 4 of 9
    frykefryke Posts: 217member
    The 30 GB model has the _same_ capacity for the same physical size, of course.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    5.5 has better battery, brighter screen, games option, the letter shows when scroling fast and different earbuds. I beleive those were the only changes.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    The games and letter showing are availabe on the 5G as well. The only software function the 5G doesn't have is the search feature.
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Hi, can anyone let me know if there has been a drop off in sound quality between the 80 gig 5.5 (2006) and the 60 gig 5 (2005). I have just up graded with the view of selling my old one on but the newer version seems more shrill (less bass) and less dynamic, in particular the vocals don't sound as foregrounded. I have the same settings (extra bass) and headphones on each. Is there a difference? Or am I hearing things?!