Entourage error

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I have received an email. I use Entourage. When I try to click on that email, only to click on it, imeadiately the Entourage crushes. It does this every time when I try to open that email. It works perfectly fine with the rest of the emails and functions of the Entourage application. I can't extract it because I have to click on it, and if I do that it crushes.

What can I do. That email is from a reliable source and it is important. Help

Can I access that email from the user folders or from somewhere else and open it on another Mac or on a PC with Outlook?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    What error message appears in the error report box? Copy and paste the bit at thread 0. It may be they are using an odd font or something.
  • Reply 2 of 4

And the error report from "More Information"

• Reply 3 of 4
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    There's not really much there that gives any clue to what's going on. What I would try first is setting up Mail or Thunderbird with the same pop account and try to get the email that way assuming the message hasn't been deleted from the server.

If the message is gone and only accessible through Entourage, you can try importing the mailbox into mail or Thunderbird using these methods:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...40325164915651

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.p...50402143519725

You should be able to export a mailbox from Entourage (as an mbox file) and import that into a PC Entourage too. In fact, if you had Parallels or bootcamp and an Intel Mac, you could do it on the same machine.

If it is an Intel Mac you're running Entourage on, it might explain some crashing. The people at my work use Entourage too and it has very strange behaviour. There is one really bizarre bug where it actually breaks a feature in one of the Adobe CS programs. I can't remember if it was a zoom tool or selection or something but it's one of the most obscure bugs I've seen.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    I know that some HTML email or emails with attached PDF files will cause Entourage to do that. Try turning off your preview pane, select the email, right-click on it and save the attachment. Or drag the whole email to the desktop and have Mail open it. I think Mail can open .eml files.