.Mac Mail Service is only getting worse...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Okay, the .mac mail service is down right now. It was down for about 6-7 hours yesterday during work hours. Over the past month or so it keeps going down every day or so.

This is absolutely horrible. I NEED to get mail in a timely manner when I am at work. 6-7 hours without being able to check or send email is totally unacceptable.

I could really give a f*ck if the web mail looks more like the application if it is only going to cause the server to keep crashing and needing maintenance. If google, hotmail, or yahoo did this there would be a mass uprising. But Apple knows there aren't enough .mac members to make a real dent in them.

Shame on Apple.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    Can't you use any regular e-mail program? Use the IMAP protocol to always have the same things on the webmail as on your work computer (as you seem dependent on that mail account for work).
  • Reply 2 of 12
    For a paid email service, .Mac is terrible. Apple absolutely need to get it sorted out.
  • Reply 3 of 12
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I wouldn't say terrible, but too expensive and too slow, I still use it cause it's the simplest solution, it's ad-free and works though.
  • Reply 4 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

it's ad-free and works though.

Ad-free, yes.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gwoodpecker

Can't you use any regular e-mail program? Use the IMAP protocol to always have the same things on the webmail as on your work computer (as you seem dependent on that mail account for work).

I don't think I get what you mean, but I can't connect to the .mac mail through either the "Mail" Application or the Web Mail in the browser. So i don't think I am going to be able to get anything that someone sends me through my @mac.com email address as long as the service is not working.

I use my own mac laptop at work, but can only check the mail through the browser as the company's filters won't allow me to use the POP for some reason.

Looking at this I should have just gotten a google or yahoo mail account as the email accounts I have for those are much more dependable. The .mac mail service was fine until the past few months it has just gone to sh*t. Hopefully it is a sign of major improvements... but after so many promises before with nothing really improving, i doubt it. This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and is sure going to make me hold of on buying any iPhone. Then again I was also a member of eWorld when that was around... maybe I should have learned my lesson on Apple's online services back then.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    While there are enhancements I'd like to see in Mail, I'm going to stick with it. I used to use Hotmail before I switched over and now that I'm used to Mail, I'll keep using it. I think we'll have to wait until January to see just what changes they are making to it (they'll probably preview a lot more features of Leopard then I'd guess) and then we'll see if they up the value for price paid. I use .Mac for iWeb and Mail so I'm not going to be looking into other options. They recently changed .Mac Mail so who knows, there might be some significant changes in the next version when Leopard comes out.
  • Reply 7 of 12
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    You pay for email?! Dude, for $10/year, I'll give you an email account on stimuli.ca or freshtunes; web mail access and POP Mail access...
  • Reply 9 of 12
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 1337_5L4Xx0R

You pay for email?! Dude, for $10/year, I'll give you an email account on stimuli.ca or freshtunes; web mail access and POP Mail access...

The reason i pay for an @mac.com email address is because it is easy to tell people my email address is [email protected] and easy for them to remember it... but I guess I shouldn't expect someone with the screen name "1337_5L4Xx0R" to understand that.
  • Reply 11 of 12
    Something's definitely "wrong" with .mac email. For at least a month, when I'm emailing to a .mac email address, the email is usually delayed "for up to 3 days" (could be 4, I just started deleting the notification emails and going about my day). This was happening on almost every email I sent to .mac addresses. A good majority of the email apparently never makes it there, cause a day or so later, I get the "undelivered" notification.

It just so happens that my wife uses .mac email at home, and some of my sales reps do, too, so I'm always sending to .mac. I'm sure it's affecting the rep's business, which is unfortunate. I feel like a jerk, cause I probably got them on it! Fortunately my wife has email through our business host as well, but she uses .mac for the reason mentioned above ([email protected]) with friends/neighbors. Hopefully it'll resolve and everyone can go about their business normally.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    I am not sure why I renewed my .Mac subscription, but I did. Anyways, one of the more annoying things with Mac mail is when they filter junk and you don't get to see what was filtered. You have to usually ask the admin via support to verify if an email was filtered by mistake.