VPN on Jaguar

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I am interested in attempting to run an iMac with 10.2 on a Windows virtual private network. There is a brief blurb on Apple's site that says it can be done. In fact, Apple makes it sound like you literally plug the iMac into the wall, click the mouse twice, type in the VPN address once, and you are on the network.

Two questions: First, has anyone actually done this, and, second, where is there more information on actually pulling off this cross OS feat?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Not sure where to find more information, but I have done it.

Go to your Applications folder and open the "Internet Connect" application. In there you'll find the VPN connection and you'll have to supply the IP, Login and Password.

Once you're connected, you can go to your "Go" menu and "connect to server". If you don't see it in the list, you can try putting in the servers "local" address. I mean its local address on the windows network.

This worked for me but was terribly slow and eventually crashed my computer. But it did allow me to connect and see all the machines on that VPN. Hope that helps.