Safari questions from a switcher

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I've just got my MBP recently after months of waiting and I love it. I've been using Safari and it's fine, but there are a couple of things that I miss from Firefox. Maybe they're possible but I've not found them:

Is there a keyboard shortcut for RELOAD?

If I go to close a page that has open tabs in Firefox I get a warning like "You are about to close a page with 3 open tabs, are you sure?". With Safari I've accidentally closed a page with many open tabs a couple of times, and I'd appreciate the option of setting up a warning like Firefox. Is this possible?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cambrook

I've just got my MBP recently after months of waiting and I love it. I've been using Safari and it's fine, but there are a couple of things that I miss from Firefox. Maybe they're possible but I've not found them:

Is there a keyboard shortcut for RELOAD?

command-R.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cambrook

If I go to close a page that has open tabs in Firefox I get a warning like "You are about to close a page with 3 open tabs, are you sure?". With Safari I've accidentally closed a page with many open tabs a couple of times, and I'd appreciate the option of setting up a warning like Firefox. Is this possible?

I use Taboo for that:

http://pimpmysafari.com/plugins/taboo-03
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Welcome to AI, dude.

Most importantly, welcome to a new way of living! The Mac Way!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Is there a plugin that allows the History to be organised with different views? - Firefox gives the choice of displaying:

By Date and Site

By Site

By Date

By Most Visited

By Last Visited
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Saft will also warn you about closing Safari with multiple tabs open. It also adds about a thousand other useful features.

http://haoli.dnsalias.com/Saft/
  • Reply 6 of 6
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    I use Safari, but the way you worded your point was like you weren't aware that Firefox is available for Mac.