Firmware update Problems

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Alright well today I installed those firmware updates that popped up in the system updater. So I folowed the instructions perfectly and when I come back I find something wrong. My background is just plain blue and iWork doesn't work, and when I open Garage Band it comes up with a message saying "Instrument Library is invalid!" As well as that many (I mean a lot) of the fonts I installed are gone, and all the normal Apple desktops are gone. I can't find the support for my logitech mouse under system preferances where it normally is. Also all the printer software was gone. I dont' have macromedia flash installed either. I reinstalled iWork and it works, but I'm afraid I may have to do a system reinstal to get everything back. What happened and is there any way to fix it? Oh and someone else may have done this but the 350 pictures or so were found in my HDD without a folder, even though they were still filed where I put them. It is pretty messed up right now...and if I don't have a choice but to reinstall the whole system I take it I would just drag and drop all the files I want onto disks and put them on again after the reinstall?