Ok touch tablet fans, here we go again!

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014

Comments

• Reply 1 of 14
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=68806 (wrong forum and all, but anyway).
  • Reply 2 of 14
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Sounds good. The Tablet is one of those potential growth markets that Apple can dominate if they figure out how to do it right. UMPCs are another. I tried out the Sony recently and it's not half bad but not quite there yet.

A flash based merom tablet with a docking station with a single PCIe slot, a regular HDD and optical drive would be ideal for me. Slim enough to take to meetings, powerful enough when docked to do some real work. I can live with a GMA when mobile and when docked I can use the screen to hold Entourage and other misc screens while I work on the primary display.

Vinea
  • Reply 3 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

Another rumor for the mill:

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Automat...anels/H9R6N2M2

"This powerful patent provides several great examples of mechanical touch screen overlays which could be used with a future iPod, cell phone, PDA, remote control or gaming device."

Plus full screen video. A cell computer.

http://geocities.com/gene_technics
  • Reply 4 of 14
    Is this some kind of odd university psych project to see how many folks will click on your link? Its almost at the point where its spam.

Vinea
  • Reply 5 of 14
    we're only in denial. Its only a matter of time before we figure out that cell keyboards will give the lost meaning to our lives...i begining to believe...it is the one!

</sarcasm> </rough day>
  • Reply 6 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gene_technics

"This powerful patent provides several great examples of mechanical touch screen overlays which could be used with a future iPod, cell phone, PDA, remote control or gaming device."

Plus full screen video. A cell computer.

http://geocities.com/gene_technics

I've warned you before about posting that link Gene... enough already!

We get it.... you designed a ugly phone-type thing and want everyone to look at it... We've seen it... stop posting it...
  • Reply 7 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcdstudios

we're only in denial. Its only a matter of time before we figure out that cell keyboards will give the lost meaning to our lives...i begining to believe...it is the one!

</sarcasm> </rough day>

Thanks for the support. I'm really beginning to believe that I'm making our life better by designing the next generation of computers.

PS. To moderator - Why I can't use the link to my homepage as my signature. Something new in my above 10 years on the Internet.
  • Reply 8 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gene_technics

PS. To moderator - Why I can't use the link to my homepage as my signature. Something new in my above 10 years on the Internet.

Perhaps because it isn't your sig but your answer to whatever small form factor topic that appears. Without the link your last 1 line post makes almost no sense.

If it were just your sig I think most folks would ignore it as they do most sigs with links. Which is probably why you don't use it as a sig...

Vinea

ObDis: Not a moderator.
  • Reply 9 of 14
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea

Perhaps because it isn't your sig but your answer to whatever small form factor topic that appears. Without the link your last 1 line post makes almost no sense.

If it were just your sig I think most folks would ignore it as they do most sigs with links. Which is probably why you don't use it as a sig...

Vinea

ObDis: Not a moderator.

Uh oh, I can agree with you here!
  • Reply 10 of 14
    damn it, i just typed a huge post but it got erased. maybe ill type it later.
  • Reply 11 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kcdstudios

damn it, i just typed a huge post but it got erased. maybe ill type it later.

I hate it when that happens. No matter how careful, my re-written post is never as good. \
  • Reply 12 of 14
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross

Uh oh, I can agree with you here!

Do you notice that I don't disagree with you all the time? I'd say 90% of your comments I read, agree and move on. About the only place I've been a real ass is on that never ending xMac thread and frankly that's just for amusement purposes.

Vinea
  • Reply 13 of 14
    Quote:

Do you notice that I don't disagree with you all the time? I'd say 90% of your comments I read, agree and move on. About the only place I've been a real ass is on that never ending xMac thread and frankly that's just for amusement purposes.

Vinea

It just seems as though you do, because you often get so worked up about it, and accuse me of things I'm (often) not guily of. Like your mocking of me in the other thread, which I've just responded to.
  • Reply 14 of 14
    mjteixmjteix Posts: 563member
    Quote:

...the only place I've been a real ass is on that never ending xMac thread...

Vinea

I agree with you here too!