iTunes Album Art Screensaver Experiment!

cbacba
Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I recieved my brand new 2.33Ghz MacBook Pro last week, and I was fiddling around with all of the settings, as you do, and came across the very cool 'iTunes album art screensaver' I played with the settings for a bit, and set the screenjsever to only display two items at a time, the preferences window then crashed, and whenever I select this screensaver again, I get a crash....nightmare!! can anyone tell me a solution/agree with me?? Thanks!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Delete the com.apple.screensaver preference file in your (userfolder)/Library/Preferences folder.

That should do the trick.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    cbacba Posts: 53member
    It works now!! Thank you very much (although I guess it still shouldn't happen.....I shouldn't have to do that!
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Prefs gets corrupted from time to time...No OS is perfect. Deleting them takes care of certain quirks that happen with Apps sometimes. They then get recreated once the app is relaunched to the default settings.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    I have the same problem.

What is the name of this file exactly? I deleted a file named "com.apple.ScreenSaver.Engine.plist" and system prefs still crashes when i go to the album art screen saver.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bellekae View Post

I have the same problem.

What is the name of this file exactly? I deleted a file named "com.apple.ScreenSaver.Engine.plist" and system prefs still crashes when i go to the album art screen saver.

try the tips in this article from apple