Quicktime + YouTube = ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Not working, I have Flip4Mac & perian installed. I even redownloaded Quicktime to see, but no diff. ??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

Not working, I have Flip4Mac & perian installed. I even redownloaded Quicktime to see, but no diff. ??

YouTube uses Flash for video.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution

YouTube uses Flash for video.

I know, that's what has me confused? I'm seeing the Quicktime Q with question mark in place of any flash video I choose on Youtube.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    any takers?
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I know, that's what has me confused? I'm seeing the Quicktime Q with question mark in place of any flash video I choose on Youtube.

I'll try. What browser is giving you this broken icon? Could it be a snafu with plug-in associations (or the handling of certain file types)? Go into your options and see if there is a conflict with a plug-in association or with handling of files downloaded onto your HD).

Flip4Mac has worked well for me when viewing streaming WMV and I haven't had many issues. Only with webmasters who haven't a clue on embedding them onto web pages (Direct x).
  • Reply 5 of 8
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    Do you have flash installed? If so, going to the help menu in safari and then choosing installed plugins should show if it's associated with flash content. Because Flash can sometimes be played in Quicktime, it may be that if you don't have Flash installed, it's trying to use Quicktime and failing.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Dumb question probably, but can you download flash videos from Youtube?
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Guybrush Threepwood

Dumb question probably, but can you download flash videos from Youtube?

no, I cannot. Normally where I see the flash player is now a Quicktime "Q" with faded question mark in the background.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    I installed Adobe 9UB again, it's sorted now. Thanks all.