Can someone help me out?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi everyone,

I just got my macbook C2D and when I tried to listen to my sports talk radio on the internet, I couldn't connect. It's on KNBR.com. I DLed Windows Media Player onto the computer but it still won't play. I'm brand new to Macs, so I have no idea what to do. Help a newbie out, please!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    benzenebenzene Posts: 338member
    Stay stay stay away from Windows Media Player.

That thing is a unadulterated turd. Delete WMP and download Flip4mac. It's a plugin for quicktime that will allow (relatively) seamless playback.

I don't think WMP is even supported any more for the mac, come to think of it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gocheechoo

Hi everyone,

I just got my macbook C2D and when I tried to listen to my sports talk radio on the internet, I couldn't connect.

Another possibility is that the website uses Real Media Player. I tried the link you provided, but could not find any mention about which media player is used.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by benzene

I don't think WMP is even supported any more for the mac, come to think of it.

Microsoft dropped support for the Mac, and now encourages folks to download flip4mac from the MS website.

• Reply 3 of 5
    My goodness, thank you!!!
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Should work regardless. But flip4mac would be fine. Good station, btw...

Must be a Giants fan.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    It works now, yeah. When i tried playing it with the Windows Media player, the streaming audio majigger said it wasn't compatible. Whatever that means.

And of course, I'm a Giants fan. A Giants fan, a 49ers fan, and an SJ Sharks fan. It's too bad KNBR's not available in San Diego. Internet radio's the only way a girl can survive here!