iPod: Flaw helps stalkers?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
CNN is reporting about a flaw in the iPod that allows stalkers to follow people easily.

Unfortunately I am at work on a very very very slow internet conenction and cannnot see the video, but thought people would like the heads up.

A big problem?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

CNN is reporting about a flaw in the iPod that allows stalkers to follow people easily.

Unfortunately I am at work on a very very very slow internet conenction and cannnot see the video, but thought people would like the heads up.

A big problem?

I pity the fool! Post a link.
  • Reply 2 of 10
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
  • Reply 3 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister

A big problem?

It's not a flaw in the iPod.
  • Reply 4 of 10
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by audiopollution

It's not a flaw in the iPod.

yes... TELL stalkers how to do something!

• Reply 5 of 10
    One would think that the criminal's eyes would have an overall larger impact on perpetrating a crime.

Gosh, maybe before the sport kit, there was no crime?! Apple! Nike! What have you done!!??
  • Reply 6 of 10
    Thanks to SurfRat for posting the link I forgot to include. I was at work and in a rush (can't let the boss see!).

I can't see the video on my G5 machine at home... what's up? EDIT: forgot I had not installed Flip4Mac on desktop. I found the story on another page and read about it.

60 feet is not that close, and to make great use out of it you would need a tracking robot with uplink capabilities.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    A recipe for disaster: Wired magazine tells all on how to use the ipod to track your next...

http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,72202-0.html
  • Reply 8 of 10
    Finally actually got to see the vid...

Researchers my ass... these guys look like stalkers and have the stalker mentality! Why else would they come up with the idea, much less broadcast it to the world?

However, it's not like other items like this don't already exist...
  • Reply 9 of 10
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ricksbrain

One would think that the criminal's eyes would have an overall larger impact on perpetrating a crime.

Yeah. This is about the most inefficient tracking imaginable. You sit there within 60 feet of the person looking at google earth on your computer as you follow them around?
  • Reply 10 of 10
    whats next CNN broadcast how to make a bomb?