Aluminum 15" PowerBook G4 for sale on eBay

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
(If there's any prohibition on posting items for sale to this forum, I couldn't find it in the forums FAQ, but if so mea culpa in advance.)

I'm selling my PowerBook G4 1.25 GHz / 80GB HD / 512MB RAM -- the high-end model with ambient light sensor and backlit keyboard -- on eBay, here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=320058542705

Although everything seems to happen on eBay in the last 8 hours (or 8 minutes), there are about 10 hours left and the high bid is only at $425. On the one hand, I'd like to see that number go up some -- daddy needs a PlayStation 3; no, seriously, daddy needs to pay off Christmas presents -- on the other hand, if you're in the market, you may have the opportunity to virtually steal from me a PowerBook in perfect condition. I'd love to hang onto it, but it has been suggested by another member of my household that one only needs so many Macs. I don't know that I agree, but in this case I'm afraid I must comply with the request to liquidate.

All the details are in the listing. Except, depending on how your browser displays the listing page, you may see a $50 shipping charge. That's a shipping charge calculated by eBay's shipping calcuation system. It's for USPS Express Mail. You don't have to pay $50 for shipping. I'll ship as you like, within the limits I mentioned in the "Payment and Shipping" section of the description, and you'll pay actual cost of shipping + insurance via your preferred method. I usually suggest USPS Priority Mail, insured.

Remember, this is the last PowerBook series to run Photoshop in native mode, which as I can attest through direct experience runs quite a bit faster than in emulated mode on an Intel Mac. Universal binary is coming "in the first half of next year", which probably means June 30, 2007.

The PowerBook truly is in outstanding condition. I owned it through a period when it was mainly my expensive e-mail checking machine, where it sat on my desk, not leaving the house and mostly plugged into the wall outlet.

Thanks for any interest. Oh, and feel free to e-mail [email protected] with any questions.