the iPhone is here (very serious mock-up)

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
This is not just a photoshop job.

What you see here came after VERY thoughtful research I did in the course of several months about how, to me, the perfect iPhone's dimensions, look and interface should be. Hope you all like it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 70
    rageousrageous Posts: 2,170member
    The keypad does not work. It's too busy for an apple design... not to mention a rip of the moto phones.
  • Reply 2 of 70
    -df-df Posts: 136member
    I hate those moto keypads - they look really cool but I become suicidal when I try to use them.
  • Reply 3 of 70
    I agree with the others. X to Moto key pads.

They are ugh! So not Apple ;[
  • Reply 4 of 70
    Just forget about the Moto keypad. It doesnt need to look or feel like those ones. I could have used some other image for the keypad, but with this i wanted to show you that Jobs wouldnt be happy with an ordinary keypad like in the majority of phones, with all the moving parts and associated problems etc,

The chosen Keypad has to be instead an elegant flat surface, with a membrane for the keys below, (like the Motos), but it can be mecanically designed to feel much better.

What do you think about the rest: Slide type, dimensions, screen size, buttons.. etc?
  • Reply 5 of 70
    It looks like a squashed chocolate....

yumm, squashed chocolate...
  • Reply 6 of 70
    To me, it looks like a Zune and a SLVR morphed together... not totally Apple-ish.
  • Reply 7 of 70
    I would buy it. Looks good to me.
  • Reply 8 of 70
    sandausandau Posts: 1,230member
    i don't think the iPhone will have an 'on/off|answer/hangup' set of buttons like you show with your green/red buttons. not gonna happen too many buttons and distracting. probably just a switch like the 'hold' on the current ipod. phone in use, phone not in use.

i'd expect much more minimalist, or even touch screen. numbers when you need numbers, letters when you need to type. how about a mockup of a touchscreen slide out?
  • Reply 9 of 70
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I'm having trouble getting past "Oooooops, the iPod slid down!"
  • Reply 10 of 70
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    I think the best add I've seen for a new phone is the BlackJack from Samsung/Cingular.

The one you did is pretty basic for a test the waters design and I think it's a plausible Apple design. Although it's not for me.
  • Reply 11 of 70
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker

I think the best add I've seen for a new phone is the BlackJack from Samsung/Cingular.

The one you did is pretty basic for a test the waters design and I think it's a plausible Apple design. Although it's not for me.

I like that ad too. It looks like it might be by the same agency Apple uses.
  • Reply 12 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

no. that's not likely at all. the blackjack is a samsung product and their ads are done by cheil. apple's ads are done by tbwa/chiat/day.
  • Reply 13 of 70
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox

no. that's not likely at all. the blackjack is a samsung product and their ads are done by cheil. apple's ads are done by tbwa/chiat/day.
  • Reply 14 of 70
    nijiniji Posts: 288member
    but anyway:

the design IS nice.

and you are correct in stating that most other mock ups do not have the correct dimensions, etc etc.

your effort is nice and it is one of the only designs that i like so far.

good job;
  • Reply 15 of 70
    It?s the bezel; that is what?s wrong here. Make the bezel around the screen hug the outside and it would look much better. Right now it looks like a 4th generation iPod screen.
  • Reply 16 of 70
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Using an Apple Store web page for the background makes it even more convincing!
  • Reply 17 of 70
    I think you need a better hand model.
  • Reply 18 of 70
    here are some other images.

The phone should be much thinner, but you get the idea.

BTW, it was a year ago when i first did these drawings, and the xocolate wasnt around at all.

• Reply 19 of 70
    Ok, here is more how it should look like, quite skinny

I added a standard keypad just to try things out.

• Reply 20 of 70
    jamiljamil Posts: 210member
    I don't think there will be separate buttons for talk/hangup. I think the middle button of the click wheel will do double duty as the talk button and the select button. you press it to talk and press again to turn off.