The Best Apple Ad Ever. Seriously.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You have to check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW4pDM1hyLU

Let us know if you find the high-quality version on Apple's official websites, etc.

Now THIS IS FSDHCKING WHAT AN APPLE MAC AD SHOULD BE LIKE !!!!

Instead of all that PC vs Mac rubbish -- somewhat educational, but hella arrogant.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    I nearly wanted to jump out of my seat and shout HALLELUJAH!!! Seriously.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    It's quite good.
  • Reply 3 of 39
    Apple on Ice.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    But is it actually real?

It looks too well done to be fake... but their is no trace of it on the Apple site.
  • Reply 5 of 39
    It looks very high quality, but not very Apple-ish...you are spot on icfire.
  • Reply 6 of 39
    When I went to the Apple Store a few weeks ago, the macs were all playing this... or something very similar, so if you wanna see it, go to an Apple Store
  • Reply 7 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chucker

It's quite good.

Told y'all so
  • Reply 8 of 39
    Damn you, Michael Bay!
  • Reply 9 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich

It looks very high quality, but not very Apple-ish...you are spot on icfire.

They finally brought all that passion, funk, coolness, everything that's good about the iPod+iTunes ads, and threw the Macs into the mix. Think about it -- we haven't had a decent Macs ad for yearrrrs.

Even if it is just dancing MacBooks and iMacs, the tagline is warm without being too cheesy for the MacBooks -- "A gift you'll open every day". Nice.

The red line suddenly becoming a waistband of sorts with the Shuffles catching and clipping on, "Trust us, it's their size" -- referring to clothes that don't fit and all that, with a play on "size" with the iPod Shuffle being tiny -- witty and charming.
  • Reply 10 of 39
    Quote:

Damn you, Michael Bay!

He's directing Transformers: Movie 2007... *sigh*
  • Reply 11 of 39
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I don't like it.
  • Reply 12 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

I don't like it.

Yeah, I guess with this creative industry stuff, it's hard to please everyone. Fair enough.
  • Reply 13 of 39
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:

Apple on Ice.

I get that.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo

I don't like it.

But while you don't like it... you probably don't dislike it, right?

I like it, most people probably do, and most people probably also don't dislike it. So this is how it is better than the "Get A Mac" ads. A lot of people didn't like those ads.
  • Reply 15 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I get that.

Heh. I don't get it. Is there a reference to Crystal Meth or something?
  • Reply 16 of 39
    I like the part, "A gift they will open every day."... very clever.
  • Reply 17 of 39
    Pretty well done ad.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sunilraman

Heh. I don't get it. Is there a reference to Crystal Meth or something?

I was thinking more like a round a bout reference to Disney on Ice, you know that global family show, and we all know who loves Disney don't we?
  • Reply 19 of 39
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Nice Ad, I'm still much more fond of the iMac G4 Ads though... there's just something about a dancing iMac that really grabs me....

Sebastian
  • Reply 20 of 39
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland

I was thinking more like a round a bout reference to Disney on Ice, you know that global family show, and we all know who loves Disney don't we?

Ah, okay, got it. Just then an image of a big inflatable/foam iPod person/thing dancing around with ice skates. Cue also person in big inflatable MacBook costume sliding around. Theme music: "It's such a wonderful time, with so many days... To enjoy your Mac, in so many wonderful ways...."