Webcams??

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi all. I need some urgent advice! I want to buy three webcams for people in my family this Christmas. They will all be used for iChat. I was looking at the QuickCam from Logitech for $39.99 but even that seems a little steep in price. This camera here on TigerDirect, the Sabrent camera (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...9104&CatId=130) has the same specs (640 x 480 at 30 fps) as the one from Logitech for $15 less, but doesn't mention Mac compatibility. Does anyone think it will work? I'll probably just call them Monday. If anyone else has any other ideas on Webcams, perhaps does anyone know if there are any others that have those specs that are $40 or less that work in iChat? Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aquatic

Hi all. I need some urgent advice! I want to buy three webcams for people in my family this Christmas. They will all be used for iChat. I was looking at the QuickCam from Logitech for $39.99 but even that seems a little steep in price. This camera here on TigerDirect, the Sabrent camera (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...9104&CatId=130) has the same specs (640 x 480 at 30 fps) as the one from Logitech for $15 less, but doesn't mention Mac compatibility. Does anyone think it will work? I'll probably just call them Monday. If anyone else has any other ideas on Webcams, perhaps does anyone know if there are any others that have those specs that are $40 or less that work in iChat? Thanks!

I chat will not work with USB cam's unless you buy a hack called iChatUSBcam $9.99.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    What? You want to save money?

Surely you can't be a real Mac user.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    rara Posts: 623member
    iSight. Seriously (if you have the money, that is).
  • Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

iSight. Seriously (if you have the money, that is).

I agree 100% with you Ra. iSight has really good quality, you don't have to buy any hacks to use it, and you could probably find one pretty cheap on amazon