Traveling this holiday season

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This next weekend I'm flying to visit family. I was wondering what ended up happening to laptops on airlines. I would really hate to not be able to use my MacBook during flight, and if I couldn't carry it on the plane then I'm not sure I would take it. However, I really want it with me and I don't know if I could go two weeks without my MacBook. I don't even want to think of that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    According to a TSA website

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1052.shtm

¨Carry-on baggage is a small piece of luggage you take onboard the airplane with you. You are allowed one carry-on in addition to one personal item such as a laptop computer, purse, small backpack, and briefcase or camera case. These items will go through the security screening process.

Please LABEL your laptop with a business card or other identifying information beneath your laptop to avoid loss or the accidental "exchange" by travelers.¨

I havent flown since the liquid scare, so I odnt know the details, but I think that it is up to airline as to when you are allowed to use it durnig the flight...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Well that's interesting. In there it specifically says do NOT pack laptops in checked baggage, so that answers my question. If I am going to take my laptop with me I will have to carry it on. I hope I will be able to use it. Thanks for the link.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maimezvous

Well that's interesting. In there it specifically says do NOT pack laptops in checked baggage, so that answers my question. If I am going to take my laptop with me I will have to carry it on. I hope I will be able to use it. Thanks for the link.

Glad I could help.

Have a good trip!

I envy your flight. I have a 11.5 Hr drive with a 21 month old to look forward to. I hope he is feeling sleepy...

On the other hand, at least I don't have to worry about the screening process on my TiBook
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I don't envy you, sorry. My flight isn't that great though. I have a 1.5 hour layover in Chicago. That's not fun.