iPod Shuffle skipping songs

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
This is driving me nuts. Two of the songs that I purchased recently will not play on my daughter's 1st generation Shuffle. They play fine in iTunes when I select them from the library but here's the weird part. When I connect the Shuffle the songs are present on the Shuffle's playlist and when selected, they play just fine through iTunes. But when the Shuffle is disconnected, and I attempt to play the songs it just skips over the song to the next one. I've tried eveything I can think of and they just will not play. Apple reset the purchase so that I could download them again, but they still don't work. I've restored the Shuffle to default several times with no success in getting the songs to play. I've tried erasing everything and just putting these two songs on the Shuffle but they still won't play. Any suggestions?? Thx

Update: Placed the songs on my Nano and they play just fine. Why won't they play on the Shuffle??

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    How large are the songs? It could just be they are very large song files and the Shuffle can't fully buffer them.

Sebastian
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

How large are the songs? It could just be they are very large song files and the Shuffle can't fully buffer them.

Sebastian

Thanks for the reply - but they are average length and the Shuffle plays longer songs with no problem.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    I'd email them-- I think the link is at the bottom of the iTunes store. I got responses in the past very quickly.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSeth

Thanks for the reply - but they are average length and the Shuffle plays longer songs with no problem.

Well that takes care of my only idea on why then. Did you try burning them to a CD and then ripping them to another Codec then? You might want to right down the song info first though.

Sebastian
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis

Well that takes care of my only idea on why then. Did you try burning them to a CD and then ripping them to another Codec then? You might want to right down the song info first though.

Sebastian

Hmmm.... that's a great idea. I'll give it a try. Thanks