Is the MBP grainy screen problem over with?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Im planning on getting a MBP during the week of macworld. I have heard numerous reports of the grainy screen problems (and uneven backlighting, etc). I also heard the rumor that the c2d mbp production had stopped for a period, and some said it was because they were fixing the screens. Can anyone shed some light on whether you guys think apple has finally remedied the problem with the new ones shipping out, or are people still receiving grainy screens?

And if it is not currently fixed, do you guys think it will be by the time mwsf rolls around in early january?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theprizefight

Im planning on getting a MBP during the week of macworld. I have heard numerous reports of the grainy screen problems (and uneven backlighting, etc). I also heard the rumor that the c2d mbp production had stopped for a period, and some said it was because they were fixing the screens. Can anyone shed some light on whether you guys think apple has finally remedied the problem with the new ones shipping out, or are people still receiving grainy screens?

And if it is not currently fixed, do you guys think it will be by the time mwsf rolls around in early january?

Well, I got my MBP C2D 1 week after it was released, and I see nothing wrong with the screen or the backlighting.

"....a MacBidouille reader is claiming he has been informed by retail sources that Apple has temporarily halted the production of the matte-screen version of the MacBook Pro. However, the site claims that only a few readers have reported this issue and believes that only a small part of the production is affected."

- http://www.macosxrumors.com/articles...duction-halted

I guess it's safe to say that if you buy the glossy version of the MBP, there wont be any problems with the screen or the backlighting.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    chuckerchucker Posts: 5,089member
    I'm not aware of this problem. Uneven backlighting, in any case, is virtually impossible to avoid with the thin backlights going into laptops. It's not really noticeable, though.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    steste Posts: 119member
    Just received my brand-new MacBook Pro this evening (my first Mac). 15", 2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD. It is beau-ti-ful!!!

No problems to report. The screen is perfect (no dead pixels), the speakers are fine, and the backlighting looks pretty even to my eyes. I hope this helps someone out there, but to be honest it's just an excuse to show off my new toy. I'm Mac-static!

Ste